The leadership team at Annex Cloud assembled their top 10 loyalty trends for 2022, along with commentary. It is an excellent read.
The trends that they covered include:
- Loyalty programs will emerge as a winning medium for data collection with attention to privacy and consent.
- Loyalty programs will drive demand for chief data officers and data analyst roles
- Crypocurrencies and Non-fungible Tokens (NFTs) will become mainstream in the loyalty industry.
- Loyalty programs will shift focus from birthday/anniversary rewards and miscellaneous perks to solving problems.
- Brands will further leverage FOMO
- There will be a significant rise in coalition and partnership programs
- The continued rise of emotional loyalty
- Card-linking will become the norm
- Personalization and CX will remain the prime focus of brands in 2022