Janet Jaiswal provides a well-thought-out, well-researched article about the direct impact of innovation, technology, and the customer experience on hotel loyalty.
Some of her main points are:
- Post-pandemic, consumers are increasingly willing to change brands
- Points-based loyalty programs aren’t as effective as they once were
- Loyalty programs need more: personalized offers, upgrades, amenities
- The guest experience ultimately drives return visits (loyalty)
- Loyalty is driven not just by the on-site experience, but also by the website and app
- Onsite, automation is best reserved for back-of-house functions.