Experian has published the April 2022 edition of their Global Insight Report, in which they surveyed 6,000 consumers and 2,000 businesses from 20 countries to learn more about how consumers interact with businesses online. It reveals that consumers continue to migrate more of their shopping online, and that more people are concerned about online security than ever before.
A few highlights:
- Over half of consumers have increased their online shopping vs. last year, and half said they plan to move even more of their shopping online
- 18% have used a buy now, pay later program in the last 6 months. Most say they do it to avoid additional credit card debt.
- 42% say they are more concerned about online security than they were a year ago. Their biggest concern is identity theft.
- 63% of consumers say they will share their personal data with businesses if it adds value.
- 46% say they would like to see businesses do a better job communicating how they use personal information.