Within the context of a survey about how consumers manage their money, Momentive and CNBC got feedback from around 4,000 consumers about their current inflation concerns.
A few key points:
- 48% of consumers (and 55% of those with lower than average household incomes) think about rising prices all the time.
- The biggest source of stress is rising gas prices (21%), but housing costs (16%) and food (13%) are also a big concern.
- Very few are concerned about losing their job (4%) and hardly any are worried about rising childcare costs (2%)
- As a result, 53% of consumers have already cut back on dining out; 35% have canceled a monthly subscription and 29% have canceled a trip or a vacation.
- If things continue at this rate, 40% say that they will consider canceling a trip or vacation and 26% will delay a major purchase.